surfs up?

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

jkjolsing

surfs up?

Post by jkjolsing »

forecast for sat is looking damn good! where is the best local spot to go on a wnw this time of year? i've never been to waconia, any guess as to how much boat traffic there will be if its approx 77 degrees? is waconia better than wbl (mahto) on a wnw?

honestly i'll thank the stars if i actually get to use a sail smaller than an 8 on any lake, but i figured i'd see where others were planning to go...

:x
Jim N

Bellaire

Post by Jim N »

White Bear Lake is good on a west wind either at Bellaire (side-shore) or down at Mahtomedi (on-shore w/ bigger chop). Come join us and check it out! Refer to the "lakes" heading above for maps. C U there. :shock: J.N.
jkjolsing

Post by jkjolsing »

thanks Jim! its looking more like nw as opposed to wnw. i think i'm headed to milly. isn't it a nw that turns father hennepin into a wave park? can't wait to take my lumps! :twisted:
stevegoertz

Post by stevegoertz »

Our forecast (local weather company :) shows a more westerly flow growing to the 20's by early pm for mille lacs - I've sailed izaty's - which is great - but think I'll start at father hennepin this sat -

Hope others join!!!

I've thought about byllsbye - but I've already had my share of the cannon river algae bloom :)
Kevinousdigian

Post by Kevinousdigian »

It looks like it will be farely west til mid-later afternoon. You may need to start at Hunters Point and if it shifts W-NW then hit FH for the sweeter swell. From the beach at FH there is some wind shadow on W-NW but if you barely get away from shore you'll be greeted by super port ramps and steady wind (assuming there is wind somewhere on the lake). Izatys is great if it is W-NW or NW too but doesn't work on W, only hunters and Malmo do.

KO
Kevin Ousdigian
jkjolsing

Post by jkjolsing »

thanks for the tips! dlh is looking strong but sideshore (perfect for kiters?). i think i'll give it a go and be extra esecially careful :shock: :o :twisted: