Bellaire

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Kevin

Bellaire

Post by Kevin »

Looks like a possible 15 + WNW for Tues afternoon! Heading to White Bear after 4:00. ANY TAKERS!!!!!!!!!!
mjturnqu2

WBL

Post by mjturnqu2 »

I’m definitely up for WBL tonight! What is the best launch for a kiter on the WNW wind? I should be there around 5 pm.

I was @ WBL last night and the winds were pretty calm … until a storm came through. A huge wall of clouds came right over WBL. Everyone ran for cover as the sirens went off. A number of us waited out the storm in the changing room shelter. I think I could have tied my lines to a pair of shorts and flown in this wind. wow

Did anyone find a Slingshot velcro wristband (that connects to the safety leash)? I must have lost it during the run toward the shelter.

-Matthew
johntr

Post by johntr »

I'm in if the storms stay away. I'll probably be a bit earlier than 4:00.
John
adamel111

Post by adamel111 »

Looks like there is a bit of a steady breeze. I expect the breeze to stay around for a bit as it continues to cool off. I'm hoping to get to Bellaire shorty after 5.
Adam Anderson
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

I am heading to Bellaire. I should be there around 5:15 or so. I hope the storms stay away.
johntr

Post by johntr »

Adam:

Steady breeze?! So you're the one who cursed us! Remember the Minnesota Windsurfer's Mantra: "Never Hope!". :-)

Still, it was great fun in the puffs, and good to see everyone. I think this is the first time I've ever been overpowered (however briefly) on White Bear and not had Jim N there.

John
adamel111

Post by adamel111 »

The steady breeze never came - although it kind of looks like it did this morning. I was expecting the temperature to drop more drastically with the rain. I'll keep my big mouth shut next time.
Adam Anderson