Water Temps

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

kitingfox

Water Temps

Post by kitingfox »

Hi everyone!

Just wondering if someone could give me an update on the water temps...are we still looking at full wetsuit weather, or could I make do with a shorty and/or just shorts?

Just got the new bladders in the kites and I'm ready to get back on the water...

Michael
Luiz

Post by Luiz »

Michael, last week my universal snaped in the middle of WBL. I was in the water for about 30min swimming back to shore. I was glad I had a drysuit although a full wetsuit would've probably kept me warm enough. The water was still too cold for shorts.
kitingfox

Thanks...

Post by kitingfox »

Hmmm...if it hits June 1 and things don't warm up I'll have to spring for a full wetsuit. All these cool temps are crazy...

Thanks for the info.

Michael
johntr

Post by johntr »

Luiz:

Sounds scary! Did you swim back on the board, or just swim back yourself? Was anyone else out there with you? Did they offer to help? I've been wearing my dry suit with sweats and a t-shirt -- but I still notice that it's energy-sucking being in that water more than a few minutes.

Glad you're safe and sound!
John
Chris Lock

Post by Chris Lock »

Yeah, there was this Chris guy out there but he just sailed on by without offering to help. :roll:
steveb

Post by steveb »

somebodies got to sink that chris guy! snigger!