WBL anyone?

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

johnbaker17

WBL anyone?

Post by johnbaker17 »

I know some of you will be at St Mary's, but since I live so close to the Bear and since I'm not very good yet, I'll stick with a body of water surrounded by land on all sides. I'd hate to end up in the gulf. :-) With work and other duties at home, I won't get to the lake till about 6. Will anyone else be there that late?
John Baker

BTW: A medium thickness wetsuit worked fine for me last Monday and I spend a lot of time in the water. :-) Feet and hands weren't even cold and all I had were a pair of Walmart aqua shoes. I heard someone else say that was the last day for drysuits. The water (at least in the Bear) has warmed up nicely since ice-out.
Jim N

'Bear Bound

Post by Jim N »

Just got back! Headin' 2 Bellaire( Means good air in swahili) Hope I've got some company!! :D J.N.
Jim N

Bear Group

Post by Jim N »

Nice bunch showed for d'Bear blow on Fri. Kept notching back with the rain fronts for some schlog soup, then blow your doors off the next second.
Forgot what a treat waiting for a gust to water start is, especially at 50o in a dry suit, in the rain. Didn't Dylan used to sing that one? :wink: J.N.