Montana Snowkite Rodeo Rescheduled

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Tighe

Montana Snowkite Rodeo Rescheduled

Post by Tighe »

Tighe
Windzup

Snowkite Freeride on Georgetown Lake, Montana

Post by Windzup »

The Ozone Snowkite Freeride Tour will be with Montana Kite Sports this weekend at Georgetown Lake, Montana. As of today the locals were riding on 5 inches of fresh snow on 10 meter foils.

The forecast is for more snow in the next 24 hours and wind thru the weekend. Factory reps from Ultra Nectar, Peter Lynn and Ozone Kites will be onsite to spread the stoke and share their goods with the locals. The Georgetown Lodge has a great apres ski party arranged, to keep the sails lit long into the night.

Contact Keith at http://www.montanakitesports.com for last minute weather updates, word is he will be on the lake Thursday. Or feel free to contact Ozone kites for more details, check out http://www.ozonesnowkites.com

Other options within the area are Snowkiting in West Yellerstone or Ice boating in Helena. If conditions allow the Snowkite Rodeo will still be held, despite the lack of snow for building jumps and boardercross obstacles.

Brian Schenck
Ozone Kites USA
801-501-8300
info@windzup.com
http://www.ozonesnowkites.com
Boardsports USA

Post by Boardsports USA »

Brian-

No worries- You will all be able to ride no matter what...I just shipped Keith a pile of Switchblade kits that he will have mounted and ready to ride by the weekend. I kinda wish we were going to shred ice in Montayna...Maybe next year...

Have fun at the Lodge!! That place looks like it is crazy fun!

Jason
It's all about the RIDE!!
mtice

Montana Snowkite Rodeo is On!

Post by mtice »

Looks like the general consensus is that the Rodeo is on! Thanks Jason for sending the Blades. We are running the Kiter Cross event first, then free ride expression session, then Rail Slide comp. Lots of new riders this year should make the novice events fun. Sling Shot and Ozone kites as well as Peter Lynn and Wind Wing will be showing off goodies. Sorry for the ups and downs, but lets all go play!

Keith
Cow tipping is old school, cow jumping is the shizzle!
Erik Stone

Montana Newpaper Article for the Rodeo

Post by Erik Stone »

mtice

Snowkite Rodeo

Post by mtice »

Eric,

email me your mailing address and I will send you a hard copy of the article. Thanks for coming to our playgraound!

Keith
Montanakitesports.com
mtice

Snowkite Rodeo pics

Post by mtice »

I will post more as they come in. Thanks to Jason for sending out the Switchblades! They rocked in the light snow on Saturday. If you haven't tried one out yet get out there and fire one up!

Keith