Board Basics

LAKAWA Knowledge Base - What are your secrets to wind and water success? Share what you've learned that may assist others.

Moderator: MK

Netdewt

Board Basics

Post by Netdewt »

I want to first get some wakeboarding under my belt before I start taking kiting lessons. I have wakeboard access coming up next week, and I am set on learning.

I have gotten up, but it's not easy yet, and I can't stay up once I do. I have been waterskiing and kneeboarding for 15 years. I only slalom, so I have balance and hard starts figured out, but the board is still a mystery. I feel like I am just thinking about it the wrong way.

Tips?
Netdewt

Re: Board Basics

Post by Netdewt »

I managed to get up several times and do a few passes today. Made it on and out of the wake and rode switch.

Is kiting as physically taxing as wakeboarding? I have a long way to go.
Stroh

Post by Stroh »

Netdewt, not many people go to this section, you will get a larger response posting in chat. Most of the time good informative topics get moved to this section.

Kiting is soooo much easier to than wakeboarding because all the power goes into your harness, kites will also pick you up out of the water making starts really easy once you get use to the pull from the kite!
Jon Stroh
Netdewt

Post by Netdewt »

Ok! Sorry. A mod can move the thread?

Good to hear. Although it's good for me to work this hard anyways.
Stroh

Post by Stroh »

I would just repost, mike is a busy man!

If you feel you are not getting a good enough work out when kiteboarding, unhook!
Jon Stroh