Upgrading to a swiveling chicken loop or sheetable controls

LAKAWA Knowledge Base - What are your secrets to wind and water success? Share what you've learned that may assist others.

Moderator: MK

enderbeanz

Upgrading to a swiveling chicken loop or sheetable controls

Post by enderbeanz »

Hello all,

I have a gen 1 ozone samurai and the control bar comes with a big old clunky chicken loop (or harness loop really both ends of the loop are attached to the bar). This is annoying especially when I am watching all those people out there who can untangle their lines with the spin of their bar. My friend has a gen 2 samurai and his bar came with a swiveling chicken loop other wise the control and lines are all the same. I am wondering if their is a manufacturer out there that has a swiveling chicken loop available that is fixed not sheetable that I could simply larks head onto my bar. The other option would be to covert to a sheetable control system however my question on that is can any kite ie my samurai be converted into a sheetable kite?
torisspacedog

Re: Upgrading to a swiveling chicken loop or sheetable controls

Post by torisspacedog »

I've got a samauri also What I did was get a Wichard Quick release that swivels I connect that to a carbiner that attaches to my harness. This way using any bar setup I can spin it to unwrap lines. I also have a couple kites I fly on handles and a strop I have a good sailing pulley on my strop line and I just hook the pulley into the Wichard and Im all set to fly that kite. Hope this helped ya if I confused you just ask and Ill send some pics. 8) Mark L
enderbeanz

Post by enderbeanz »

Wow,

I've finally found the product I'm looking for and it is actually put out by Ozone. The only problem is its only available in Europe. I will probably end up ordering it from there but why the heck isn't it available here in the US, anybody know? Perhaps b/c ozone is a european country[img]javascript:void%20window.open('http://www.etikkite.be/components/com_v ... ocation=no');[/img]

the swivel shown above is what ozone uses to put in side the neoprene sleeve. You can buy a control bar featureing the swiveling chicken loop as well. http://www.flyozone.com/landkites/en/pr ... -line-bar/ I mean I know that everyone just has depowerable control systems these days but a few of us still have to kick it the old way so a product like this would be nice.
enderbeanz

Post by enderbeanz »

sorry here is that swivel