Blew hole in leading edge

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

TomG

Blew hole in leading edge

Post by TomG »

Any suggestions? This is ashame this is one of the tubes from the place in Hoodriver

Thinking about taking a piece of old tube and patch with aquaseal on the inside and same on outside.
Attachments
DSC_4889_800x525.JPG
DSC_4889_800x525.JPG (99.14 KiB) Viewed 3180 times
The real pro isnt the one who doesn't make a mistake. The real pro is the one that does the best job hiding it!
Mike W

Re: Blew hole in leading edge

Post by Mike W »

Tom, that can be fixed. I repaired a longer tear on Kevin's Waroo bladder and it held air fine. Get yourself some Tear Aid B, the stuff that comes in rolls. Cabella's has it. I think Midwest might too. If you are careful to get the material flat before you patch it and get it clean, you should be able to do it. Once you have the repair done, inflate it and submerge it. If you see bubbles, get out the Aquaseal to stop them.

The method you describe would be very messy and hard to do correctly I think.
tnautique

Post by tnautique »

Is anyone know the way how to take the blader from the leading edge out of a single pump system ? or Jeff, could you give me the phone # to me so I call you to bring the kite for you to repair ? Thanks !
MK

Post by MK »

If you're not up for doing it yourself here's a local contact who has helped me out in the past:

Contact Jeff Adamski

Call for drop off locations

Good luck!
tnautique

Post by tnautique »

Mike ! Could you ckeck the # again, it seem the # you give me is a wrong #.
MK

Post by MK »

sorry you're having troubles. I cut and pasted it from the "services" section here. I also called concerning the sail repair I need :cry: and spoke to his wife. maybe try again? good luck!
TomG

Post by TomG »

Thanks thats why I asked.. I'll look into that Tear aid B
The real pro isnt the one who doesn't make a mistake. The real pro is the one that does the best job hiding it!
Mike W

Post by Mike W »

Tom, you want Tear Aid A. I just double checked. Tear Aid B is for the canopy-- A is for bladders.
taklop

Post by taklop »

Take the keys out before you patch... :D
TomG

Post by TomG »

ok Mike thanks A ..

ok remember keys .. thanks :P