Starboard formula

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

btomasek

Starboard formula

Post by btomasek »

has anyone ever ran a 2001 starboard formula in the 155 to 175v board. Is it a fun board to ride around the lake, go up wind, down wind, fast? Im 185 pounds and looking into buying some freeride board (hopefuly starboard carve) around 140v and looking for a board in light wind and wondering if starboard formula in the d-ram form not wood because im pretty sure its to expensive, is a fun board. I already have a mistral score 112. Im just trying to be able to sail in all conditions.
dhopkins

Starboard older ones?

Post by dhopkins »

I had a 175 and it was pretty good, but they have made tremendous improvements. I would try to get a newer one. Check out the free fromula 158 from two years ago you will like it better. Go to the starboard site and look they post all past seasons line-ups. A 155 -175 from 6 years ago should be really cheap, but a newer one will be more forgiving, faster, more fun and easier to sail. The formula will be much better in lighter winds and all angles than the carve. You will need some bigger sails, they like bigger better.
Dave
btomasek

Post by btomasek »

I looked at the free formula i think i would like it more. Does year change the board alot. I see they change the volume but as it gets older does riding change a lot. Also what would a free formula cost me used for a 2002-2005.