Ocean Rodeo ?

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

dhopkins

Ocean Rodeo ?

Post by dhopkins »

I might switch to a new drysuit from np semi 5/4 and was told ocean rodeo are much more comfotable on the neck and limb seals than other baggies. I had a os system before and always felt like I was choking. Any feedback?
Thanks
Dave
HI4
Tighe

Post by Tighe »

The new baggies are great. Many have breathable fabrics, which is highly recommended, "relief' zippers, and zipper in the front. The Ocean Rodeo looks like a great bag. They're designed for windsports. There are some awesome kayak drysuits suits as well.

As far as tight seals are concerned most manufacturers recommend stretching the seal overnight with a can or ball.
Tighe
Stroh

Post by Stroh »

I think the choking was an improperly sized neck seal. they have litle groves for you to cut along to make it a litle less restrictive. but I like to feel like I'm choking otherwise it would leak more on those hard crashes.

I own the OR pyro pro I love it I got it last summer. they are very comfey flexiable and they look bomb proof. I think it is much more comfey than a wet suit normaly wore it instead of a wet I just wore a pair of bordies and a tee shirt under the dry.

I chose the OR because of Price and style I think most of the drysuits out there are just down right UGLY. no offence to people wearing kotakack suits :lol:

Jon
steveb

Post by steveb »

You're cute but you ain't that cute Jon.
Regional Ozone Team rider
Stroh

Post by Stroh »

:lol:
davec

Post by davec »

I've had an ocean rodeo for quite a few years now and I love it. The neck was real tight at first but it streched and is real comfortable now. I'd let it stretch before cutting it to its final fit. The seals on the cuffs are do to be raplaced but I have gotten like four years out of it. I put rubber pathes from a tire repair kit on them and its seems to be working at least maybe for the spring. I don't like the idea of having socks built into the suits becuase there are days when you can go barefoot but still need the suit, can't drain water out the leg if water gets in the suit, and I see them as wearing out and getting holes. I like the baggy suites cause you can layer up as much as you want undrenethe I usually were one layer of fleece and two layers on the really cold days, I've been out with ice was forming on my sail and I'm sweating in my suit. The gortex would be nice butt still kind of spendy and if I'm spending that kind of money I have to agree with Stroh want one that looks good.