Open water session on Harriet yesterday

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Don S

Open water session on Harriet yesterday

Post by Don S »

I had a great open water session on Lake Harriet yesterday on an 8.7 sail and my equipe. Just over 20 miles on the GPS. Harriet is about 2/3 open and had about a half dozen boats on it with fishermen. I was planning only about 1/3 of the time but had a blast on the longboard.

A first for me in January.

My biggest issue was I just had new seals put on my Polar dry suit and didn't trim the neck. It was so tight that I had to come in and trim it on the beach.
JERRY

Post by JERRY »

windsurfing, fishermen in boats, Jan. in Mn................WTF

j
dhopkins

Post by dhopkins »

Don you should be in Florida.
Dave
Coach

Post by Coach »

You are kidding, right? You had a water session on Harriet in January??? That just isn't right... it's not right, I tell you... no...

Holy cow, man. Global convection oven?

-Coach
Dean Rizer

Post by Dean Rizer »

Don Oh that was you! KARE 11 did a segment on that session and identified the sailor as Jay Corbet; local windsurfing speed record holder. So that was that really you?