Wild Mountain Excursion

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

bmr

Wild Mountain Excursion

Post by bmr »

Hey All,

A couple of us are headed off to Wild Mountain today to get in some preseason practice - we'll be there at approx 4pm for the $8 discount admission if anyone's interested in a day of freeriding.

I'll be wearing a blue-white jacket with a white brain bucket.

C ya,

Brad
Have kite, will travel.
bmr

Re: Wild MTN

Post by bmr »

Wild Overview:

The slopes still have some grassy areas on them, not to mention a significant amount of leaves to carve on. However I spent the night getting back into the grove with grabby tricks with rotations, however only the terrain park offered a suitable launch - most of the built jumps had flatland landings. I think a good 3"-5" snowfall or two will improve the slopes a great deal.

Thought of the day: Wild MTN is a decent place to get in a refresher before snowkiting is full bloom, just show after 4pm to get the $8 discount off the $31 regular admission.

C ya,
Brad
Have kite, will travel.