23-33 mph and 52 degrees in Aberdeen SD BUT...

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Kevinousdigian

23-33 mph and 52 degrees in Aberdeen SD BUT...

Post by Kevinousdigian »

:( It was 55 here today and looks like 30 mph winds tomorrow except I didn't bring my GEAR!! Dave S - now I know why you leave some at the in-laws. Have fun at Pepin or wherever you end up tomorrow. I wish I get out.
KO
Kevin Ousdigian
Dave Schneider

Post by Dave Schneider »

Good God in heaven, Kevin. Here is the local conditions report this Day, Friday, November 29.

ABERDEEN MOSUNNY 45 20 36 NW36G44

Can you believe that I forgot my windsurfing stuff. Yeah, I got the rig and boards here, but I still need my harness, gloves, boots and dry suit, which I forgot at home. Oh, could we have had a helluva day out at the river today. Lakes around here are frozen over, but the Missouri River has to be open. AAAggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!
Dave Schneider
Kevinousdigian

Post by Kevinousdigian »

Yeh we would have needed a 3.0 or smaller. The winds in Mobridge were averaging mid 40s and gusting to 50s. Just being outside got my juices going yesterday - I can't remember seeing it that windy before. The day at mille lacs in aug and byllesby in May were in the ballpark but not that windy. If it picks up today I might fly my kite. there is a field just next door. Dave give me a call if you want to come up 605-225-5039.
KO
Kevin Ousdigian
Dave Schneider

Post by Dave Schneider »

Kevin,

Sorry I didn't make it up. Saturday was a tough day for me, with commitments most of the day. I'm still sore from kicking myself.

Dave :(
Dave Schneider