Waconia access/construction

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

paul g

Waconia access/construction

Post by paul g »

Anyone have any info on the construction project now underway at the Waconia boat launch/parking lot? Especially whether or not cars parked in the lot will be (or have been) ticketed during the construction.
paul g

info from DNR website

Post by paul g »

Here's what I've found so far on the DNR website:

"Notice
DNR boat launch on northeast side of Lake Waconia under construction September 20, 2004 - November 20, 2004. The construction team will keep the launch open as much as possible, but the site may be closed for periods during construction."

You could take this, and the facts that no barriers have been installed and no "No Parking" signs have been posted so far, as being somewhat encouraging.

Also, the "non-trailer" side of the parking lot was full of windsurfers' and kiters' vehicles this afternoon, apparently without a problem, while some construction work (dredging?) appeared to be going on at the south boat ramp site.
paul g

Info from DNR re Waconia construction

Post by paul g »

Here's the response I got from the DNR to my inquiry about the scope of the construction project:

"The two ramps on the south end of the launch will be replaced as well as
concrete added above the ramps vs the aspalt that is currently there.
The parking lot will be torn up and repaved with new curb/gutter, and 9
car only spots will be added to the east side of the lot. If you have
additional questions please feel free to contact me. I hope this answers
your questions. Thanks much.

Martha Reger
Area TAW Supervisor
952-826-6769"