Chat, chat chat...everyone chat

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Eric S

Chat, chat chat...everyone chat

Post by Eric S »

hello, please reply.

I just got my new snowboard bindings and Psycho kite.

Let's do some experimneting this weekend!!!
Tighe

Post by Tighe »

Yes Can't wait to see your new gear. I'm off to Wisconsin for the weekend though would love to check them out next week.
tighe
Tighe
Coach

This is a test, this is only a test. If this were a real...

Post by Coach »

Dudes and dudettes - The new chat is online!

-Coach
Kirk D.

Up North over holiday

Post by Kirk D. »

I'll be in Brainerd for most of the long weekend, unfortunately sheetrocking my in-laws cabin. I'll ask around about ice thickness.
Think snow!

Kirk
WildBill

Getting back in the swing and kite line repairs

Post by WildBill »

I'm finally getting over the hump of moving into my fixer upper on Spring Lake. This is a smaller rectangular shaped lake that you all can try out some time. I will be on it a bit out of convenience.

I see the winds are supposed to be up on Friday. Let me know where you guys go. I have to be at Welch on the Weekend though.

On another note, a line on my quadrafoil kite was wearing thru where a snowmobile ran it over. Before I put it away last spring I just made a loop knot around the almost break. Will this or some other method work or will I have to replace the entire line?
ENJOY :) ........... Bill
RobH

Pulaski still wide open - Anyone ?

Post by RobH »

Anyone want that last ride ? Pulaski is still wide open - west winds in the upper 20's and temps up to 40 - Tempting ? TO bad the sun wont be out!
bmr

Yo!

Post by bmr »

I heard there's almost 5" thick ice and 1.5ft of snow on a lake near Eelie (s?). I'm going to see if I can verify that. If it's true I'll sound the alert...
c ya,
Brad
Have kite, will travel.
Chuck G.

Post by Chuck G. »

Hey Eric,

Trying to understand this new format, hope it works. Anyway, where are you going to try out the new kite at? I have a couple Ozone Frenzy's on order and waiting for delivery. I'd like to see the Physco.

God only know's where this is going to end up once I hit enter!

Chuck G
matt k

Post by matt k »

Eric we should fly some foils this weekend I brought the 4 meter quad back and am going to set it up with naish bar etc.

Ice is out on lake bemidji I saw a couple of fishers out a couple days ago, there is a small layer of snow over but should be more coming, I will be going back sunday ready to ride.
Eric S

Re: Getting back in the swing and kite line repairs

Post by Eric S »

Bill, a line with a knot in it is weaker that one without. I'd think about replacing the line. You sould be OK if you don't jump or go out super powered up.

-eric
WildBill wrote:I'm finally getting over the hump of moving into my fixer upper on Spring Lake. This is a smaller rectangular shaped lake that you all can try out some time. I will be on it a bit out of convenience.

I see the winds are supposed to be up on Friday. Let me know where you guys go. I have to be at Welch on the Weekend though.

On another note, a line on my quadrafoil kite was wearing thru where a snowmobile ran it over. Before I put it away last spring I just made a loop knot around the almost break. Will this or some other method work or will I have to replace the entire line?
Eric S

Post by Eric S »

Hey Matt and Chuck! we should kite soon. I heard some good stuff about that Frenzy. What sizes did you get?
matt k

kites

Post by matt k »

i tried a reply maybee this will work

I am back home till sun and brought my 4 meter qaud to tweak and set up with naish bar. We should meet out somewere and play with kites.

Ice is out on lake bemidji and there were a couple of fishers when I left, a small amount of snow is covering lake, should be more awaiting my arival.
JERRY

Post by JERRY »

Hey Wild Bill,

Long time, no see. The wisest/safest thing to do with a worn line is to replace it. For an emergency tie, Alex P. recommends using (fisherman's knot) for the strongest knot. Invest in a 500' spool of orange 600lb. Q-Powerline. Prices vary from 100-200 per spool, so shop around. With Q-power, you can tie a Larkshead knot w/o sleeving line.

Think Ice, Wind & Snow.

Jerry