Somebody to florida? it will be windy outthere!!

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

TJ

Somebody to florida? it will be windy outthere!!

Post by TJ »

:roll: sorry!! just a thought!!

With its 145 mph (233 kph) sustained winds and 175 mph (282) gusts, the storm was set to cross over or near the central Bahamas Thursday afternoon and evening, the hurricane center in Miami said. All of the Bahamas is under a hurricane warning.
Enjoying life and Windancing.
Kirk D.

Post by Kirk D. »

Part of my job is monitoring hurricanes (which is keeping me chained to my desk today instead of sailing).

From NOAA

HURRICANE FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP TO 80 MILES...130 KM...
FROM THE CENTER...AND TROPICAL STORM FORCE WINDS EXTEND OUTWARD UP
TO 185 MILES...295 KM

That is an area 160 miles wide with winds over 73mph and 390 miles wide with winds over 39mph!
danf

Post by danf »

Was in Fort Lauderdale this week. Decided to move my flight up and got out of there this afternoon. Didn't want to risk having airports shut down tomorrow with no place to go. Was starting to get a little windy this afternoon down there.
aver0031

Post by aver0031 »

Ft. Lauderdale Beach Cam focused on Kiting zone
http://www.sunny.org/webcam/webcam.html