Sunday sesh: Fin slipped of board and sank, scraped board on cement ramp. found a cut in neck gasket ......

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Quetzalcoatl

Sunday sesh: Fin slipped of board and sank, scraped board on cement ramp. found a cut in neck gasket ......

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Wonderful windy Sunday,,,but three unfortunate slight bumps in my day.

One: as I picked up speed I struck a rock which knocked my fin out of the fin box. The Fin sank. But, I recovered the fin screw!

So, I pocketed my fin screw and hurried out of the water (to get another fin) with rig and board, and then oops, (#2) scraped board on cement ramp.

Later at home, I figured out why I got some freezing drops of water in my neck while sailing, a one mm. tear in neck gasket. (#3).

Well, I suffered three slight events of equipment damage. Nothin I can't fix. I got other fins...the scrap on board is only cosmetic and

I can use 80 pounds strength fishing line to sew up that tear in neck gasket plus duc tap over the sutures.

Quetzalcoatl out.