Lake Pepin was angry yesterday my friends......

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Quetzalcoatl

Lake Pepin was angry yesterday my friends......

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

On Sunday, Sept. 25th, Wind speed (W-NW) tops was gonna be 18 mph. So, from Wisconsin side on my 120 l. Tabou Rocket and 6.3 Ezzy sail I headed out into the middle of Lake Pepin. BAM! Wind was mucho mas stronger! This is around 4:30 PM (when forecast predicted wind to be at it's best) and there was "Smoke on the Water!" But really the wind must of been around a steady 20 mph with gusts in the thirties which caused the "tuffs'
of the whitecaps to get blown off, causing "smoke on the Water." But no fire in the sky. I went back in to shore and switched to a 5.1 sail.
This was very manageable and kept me planing.Waves were HUGE!! It was a very good sesh. No boats on the water except a small barge for which I passed in front ofwith a good 200 yards of clearance. It was a really small barge, a small white pusher and just one segment barge. It was a "Baby Barge." But still
worthy of respect and keeping a good distance from it.
Pete: what was it like on your side of the pond (at "The Point)?

Eric (Quetzalcoatl) out.
Pete

Re: Lake Pepin was angry yesterday my friends......

Post by Pete »

Windy, wavy and completely lit up! Ramps everywhere for "sending it". 5 or 6 kiters and 6 sailors.