windsurfing was "pretty good" on Lake Madison on Sun, June 26th....

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Quetzalcoatl

windsurfing was "pretty good" on Lake Madison on Sun, June 26th....

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Well, Windsurfing was "pretty good" on Madison Lake. Four sailors started out. Chad, Ryan , Oz and I (Eric).

Winds blew in the 20's throughout the afternoon until 7:00 pm. Wind was NW wind. I stayed on my Tabou 115 liter Rocket.

One sailor smashed his nose,,,("nose of the board" pretty bad). He plans to fix it! But he decided he'd temoporaly keep sailing

after he taped it up with Boxing Tape? Wow, talk about NEVER giving up! I suggested he seek out "The Board Lake" (Eva Hoffman) and her

photos and explainations on board repair. As I small incentive, I gave him a new tube of Epoxy marine glue,,but I think he's going to need more

supplies like some fiberglass and stuff. The board lady does have some nice photos of a board very similarly damaged and later how she makes
look brand new!

I blew all my gybes until the wind picked up, and with the stronger wind I was able to complete most of my gibes.

It's so easy to forget how much Speed is a need to be able to do gibes just like on a bicylce you need speed to turn on a corner.

So, come on now, Pete, Erik D. and Greg A.,,,how was Lake Pepin yesterday.

I know you guys rely on "Meta" (formally known as facebook) for story telling but share with LAKAWA your adventures of Sunday with the

big Pepin Waves! (Pete, I know you eventually come around take a look at Lakawa, so chime in please.

Quetzalcoatl out.
Pete

Re: windsurfing was "pretty good" on Lake Madison on Sun, June 26th....

Post by Pete »

It was great as expected. Big wind and Big swell. Super juiced up on 5.5 and 102ltr JP FSW.
Quetzalcoatl

Re: windsurfing was "pretty good" on Lake Madison on Sun, June 26th....

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Very nice report!

"The Legend" thanks you for that.