"The Sea was angry that day my friends............"

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Quetzalcoatl

"The Sea was angry that day my friends............"

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

That line, "The Sea was angry that day my friends...", this phrase will always capture YOUR attention, right?

Well, with Corona Virus still (literally) in the air everywhere,,,,I have not been to the sea for almost two years now.

But,,, our ,Midwest lakes are a good substitutes. Heck, I've stayed away from fast food places as well! I pretty much live on Peanut Butter and Jelly

(that's sugar-free jelly and non-hydrogenated Peanut Butter). Our lakes are safely frozen, (for the most part) so if you do winter activities on the lake

you've got a month or two to do so before the ice starts to melt. I used to down-hill ski on a weekly basis, but now an adult lift ticket costs 100 bucks, and you can't but a lift ticket at the ski area ticket window now you have to buy it "on-line" in advance.

Well, seven lift tickets at 100 bucks a pop means, I can save it and buy another windsurfing board!!!! 7 times 100 equals another board!!

I might hike up Mount Frontenac Ski area (which closed down in 2004) and ski down, and hike up and ski down, if we get more snow. Or maybe I'll do same "Skate-Skiing" with my downhill ski equipment on Lake Pepin, That be good excercise and build up my leg strength so that I'm ready for windsurfing in Iowa in March!!! Hah! Windsurfing is only two months away! I hope I'll be ready for it!

Quetzalcoatl out. PS: What's your story?
Pete

Re: "The Sea was angry that day my friends............"

Post by Pete »

Or buy a season pass for $309.00 at Welch and ski all you want.
Quetzalcoatl

Re: "The Sea was angry that day my friends............"

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

I could buy a almost new 7.5 Cheetah sail for that price (300 bucks) instead of a Season Pass at Welch.
Dave Ezzy says: :Ezzy sails are supposed to last forever! (if you treat it right.)
Quetzalcoatl out.