Shall I wear a shorty? on Wens. Dec. 15th, Lake Saylorville, Ankeny, IA 71 degs. 24 mph S-SW wind wind..

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Quetzalcoatl

Shall I wear a shorty? on Wens. Dec. 15th, Lake Saylorville, Ankeny, IA 71 degs. 24 mph S-SW wind wind..

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Next Wens. on Dec. 15th it shall be 71 degrees in the Des Moines, IA area. And WIND and OPEN water!
Here in SE MN it'll be around 52 degrees, but not much wind for the rare patch of open water, (Lake Pepin, or Upper St. Croix).
Lake Pepin (widest part of the Mississippi River) will only get about 9 mph wind. Just barely hydroplaneable with a formula board and 11 meter sail!
Oh, but just three hours south of Rochester (2.5 hours from Albert Leah) it'll be warm (71 degrees) with 24 mph wind (with higher gusts).
I wonder if I should wear a shorty? No, not really, I don't need to show off my Narly kneecaps! I'll will be decked in my Drysuit and mitts, boots and hood.

Windsurfing on the Rise.
Quetzalcoatl out!