Some Dust to swep this Sunday, July 3. In South Minn and Nothern IA....

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Quetzalcoatl

Some Dust to swep this Sunday, July 3. In South Minn and Nothern IA....

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

If you are Jonesing to Winsurf/kiteboard,, there's some stuff in the air on Sunday. Anylake, pond, reservoir will provide some opportunities for HYDRO-planning in the Southland of Minn. and northern IA. NOT great, but not bad if you have BIG gear. Starting With Waseca and going West there's 17 mph for three to four hours starting at 12:OO noon. Also Clear Lake, IA is included in this plan. Farimont and Round lake and Worthington will hit 18 mph.

I (Quetzalcoatl) will probably just sail in 13 mph SW wind on Lake Pepin from the Wisconsin side. I will be using JUMBO gear. 10.8 meter Loft sail and a formula board.

Sometimes it's some of the funnest sailing to go weaving in out of the fancy big sailboats (25-65 footers). They DO seem to "envy" my ability to

gain massive speed with a big sail an a light Wide board.

Quetzalcoatl out.

Happy July 4th to all!