OK.."Time for a Story....(Last Friday, I found some wind)...

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Quetzalcoatl

OK.."Time for a Story....(Last Friday, I found some wind)...

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Well,,,,,,Last Friday, the wind forecast got downgraded to 10-15 mph in most locations. But....around 3:00pm I discovered (and this was
a recent change in the forcast) that Fairmont (on Budd Lake) was windy! Yeah,,, 20 mph at 6:00 pm. So, I jumped in the Surf mobile and headed West.
I got some! Lake was full of two foot whitecaps, so I figured wind could die down a bit when I get on the water so, I rigged my 6.9 Ezzy panther and used my 120 liter RRD Z-ride board.
What a nice Sunset Sesh. Just a few motor boards (a couple pantoon boats) coming through the inter lake channel and people eating outside at
the Channel Inn Bar and Grill. They were watching ME! as I zig zaged back and fort hin this 2000 foot wide Northern bay partof the the lake.

I got a good two hours of sailing in. At 9:00 pm there was still plenty of light out. I fust love the long summer evenings.

Quetzalcoatl out. (Sometimes it's a bit of a search to wind, but it sure pays off when Ya do!) Someday I want to sail in Denmark. I think they always of wind there.