Storm Lake, IA is forcasted to have 20 mph esterlies for Sat., Who has sailed there?

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Quetzalcoatl

Storm Lake, IA is forcasted to have 20 mph esterlies for Sat., Who has sailed there?

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Storm Lake, IA is the ONLY place for %4#*& this weekend. Only on Saturday, May 8th. Yes, I'm being careful not to say.."the word."

But who has sailed there. It's a good sized lake and it will have...$%##@!! for this Saturday. At least that's the forecast so far as of Thursday, afternoon, May 6th. I'm sure the forecast will be changing as the hours go by.

Maybe for the "better" or for the worst.

I wonder if they (by some miracle) keep the lake clean? Does any of the daily slaughter of 15,000 hogs (any body parts or hog juices) seep into the water?

There's a little College on the North shore of the lake. I just wonder what the water quality is.

I certainly won't drink it,,,but sometimes I got some water up my nose or down my throat. I really don't like to use nose plugs, because then
my mouth is open for breathing and if I happened to get catapulted (it rarely happens) that could be quite a big gulp of lake water.

Come on now,,,who has sailed there?

Quetzalcoatl out.