I spotted Randy J. (founder of "The House") Windsurf-foiling in NUKING wind on Sat. May 1st, Clear Lake, IA

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Quetzalcoatl

I spotted Randy J. (founder of "The House") Windsurf-foiling in NUKING wind on Sat. May 1st, Clear Lake, IA

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Last Saturday, (May 1st) 90 degree air temp, winds most around 20 to 30 mph, gusting to forties, at City Beach, Clear Lake IA with
Randy Johnson there Hydro-foiling (with 4.somthin. Loft Lip sail) and some other kiter there as well. Lots of peeps on the beach.
It doesn't get any better than this! Oh yeah, I (Quetzalcoatl ) was there too with JP 96 liter All-ride board and 4.7 Ezzy Panther.
Randy didn't see me, because I rigged behind the Sailboat club house and then when I carried my board and rig down to the beach
Randy had already finished his Sesh and left in his Big White Surf-mobile.
Randy lives on a big lake north of St. Paul, but I imagine he came to Iowa because there WAS NO Wind in Minnesota on Saturday, May 1st. It was ALL in Iowa.

It was really weird, the entire drive to Albert Lea, no signs of wind, yet as soon as I crossed the boarder into Iowegian country, "BAAM", major wind!

Anybody else have any stories as "Cool" as this one?

Eric F. (AKA: Quetzalcoatl) out.