Had fun filling in holes on Warm Tuesday, Epoxy "Steel" puddy stick is the best stuff!!!

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Quetzalcoatl

Had fun filling in holes on Warm Tuesday, Epoxy "Steel" puddy stick is the best stuff!!!

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Yeah, for my day off on Tuesday, March 9th, I patched up some holes on my boat tarp with good duct tape.

Then, because weather was so warm yesterday I went ahead and plugged up a hole and a small crack on my "new" used 100 liter Exocet freeride board.

I used Epoxy "STEEL" puddy stick. It is the BEST! I"ve used the Epoxy Ding stick (that you buy at windsurf shops)in the past, and it seems to never harden. It just stays soft like chewing gum.

A few years ago I bought a 283 Techno board with a hole on topside (looked like someone started to drill screw hole and then decided to fill it in) with

Ding stick epoxy. It was so soft, it felt like chewing gum. (Maybe it was gum?!) anyway removed that soft stuff and then I plugged that baby right up with Steel Epoxy ding stick puddy.

So go with Steel ding stick which is avaliable at your local hardware store. Or you could spit out your chewing gum and plug up a whole with that too.

Quetzalcoatl out.