Sat. Decc. a frsoty Windsurf Sesh was fabulous with ice on sail:

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Quetzalcoatl

Sat. Decc. a frsoty Windsurf Sesh was fabulous with ice on sail:

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Sat. Dec. 12th I windsurf at The Hok-si-la Municipal Boat ramp (upstream of Lake City) and it was 25 degrees out.

I think the water was warmer than the air temp. There no Ice on Lake Pepin. I sailed my 10.8 Loft sail and AHD (Swiss board) formula boad

and I was happily planning and hooked in and feet in the foot straps. (it was blowing 11-14 mph. (well eventually a steady 11 mph North wind)

and that was just fine with a nearly 11 meter sail. The sailed quickly formed an ice covering on it and the boom became slipppy (frozen too).

After 30 minutes I called a day, because it was a bit slippery to control things.

It was an adventure to say the least! I really never felt colt.

Eric outd.
Quetzalcoatl

Re: Sat. Decc. a frsoty Windsurf Sesh was fabulous with ice on sail:

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Opps...some mistakes to correct.

It was 35 degrees out (not 25).

And when I got off the water and after de-rigging...everythink freeze dried. I did have to dry anything off.

I even freeze dried!

Coming up Friday,,,Dec. 18th going to be 40 degrees! Maybe another Winter Windsurf Sessh!

Quetzalcoatl out.