I DID get to get that sand off my Mistral "Stinger" 85 liter by sailing it!!!

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Quetzalcoatl

I DID get to get that sand off my Mistral "Stinger" 85 liter by sailing it!!!

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Oh...I forgot to mention that the wind was "Howling" late Last Sunday afternoon on Waseca's Clear Lake.

Thus, the wind conditions were favorable to be to step onto my Mistral Stinger 85 liter board and clean off that lake Millac's sand that was all over the footstraps from several years ago. Real wind was only like 18 to 20 mph but my hand held wind meter showed prolonged gust at 30 to 42 mph.

So, I foolishly rigged too small. I rigged a 4.5 and this was no good for 18 mph wind. But anyway I cleaned up the board! I bought this board for just
100 bucks from some sailor who lives on the East shore of White Bare Lake. Like new like Dakine footstraps were on the board too!
Who was that guy that I bought this board from on a Dark cold late October night? If it was you, chime in and say who you are!

Thanks! Quetzalcoatl out. "Windsurfing on the RISE!" Don't believe it's on the out,,because in my Windsurfing Lifeti (since 2001) there has always been this

Bizarre Erroneous Belief that Windsurfing is on the out. It's not, maybe the early sailors have just given up! But the spirit of sailing is still there.

And remember sailing activity has been around for Thousands of Years! Motorboat activity has only been around for a little over 100 years.

Eric (trying to be a Jedi Windsurfing) "never shall I go to the Dark Side." (But that's O-kay for those who did or those who have only been on the Dark Side). There is nothing wrong with the Dark side.

Of course it would interesting to get some from the Dark Side to join the Jedhi Windsurfers!

Again, Eric F. out.
Quetzalcoatl

Re: I DID get to get that sand off my Mistral "Stinger" 85 liter by sailing it!!!

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

A Correction....that guy that I bought the Mistral"Stinger" from (I like the word "Stinger") actually lives on the West shore of White Bare Lake, not East.

Still wondering, "Who was that sailor?" He kept the original fin though. I had other good fitting fins anyway.

Thanks.

Eric F (Quetzalcoatl) out.