Saw a Big Red Sun at sunset on Halloween while screeming across lake...

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Quetzalcoatl

Saw a Big Red Sun at sunset on Halloween while screeming across lake...

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Yes: I dressed up as a winsurfer on Halloween. Clear Lake, Iowa is like stepping back in Time. People walking around the City Park and Beach.

I parked and rigged across the street from "Sharky's Sunset Bar and Grill. As I was screeming across the water on my RRD Z-Ride 120 liter board

and Ezzy 7.5 Freeride sail (not a lull moment) the Sun was A Huge Halloween RED! (maybe the great Pumpkin is not Orange but RED!) It was

A sun that looked like the Aztec Sun when people watch the sun on the beach in Acapululco. Looking the west anyway.I head to steer a liter to port fromt he sun so as not collide with sun and go blind!

Anyway, Water was cold on the legs (despite my good Bare Polar Drysuit). upper body perfectly warm.

As I de-rigged kids went by trick or treating in costumes. One Dinosaur Rex was chasing a small vampire child.

Later the Full Moon came out of the clouds and Mars was just off the starboard side of the moon and Saturn and Jupiter were together to South.

This was the right place to be on Halooween dressed in my only costume I care about, a Windsurfing Costume.

Quetzalcoatl out. Anybody else have Halloween wind story to tell?