Big Spirit Lake and Eagle Lake offered "perpetual wind"

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Quetzalcoatl

Big Spirit Lake and Eagle Lake offered "perpetual wind"

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Last Weekend (Sept. 19 and 20) offered "Endlless" wind on the Great Prairie Lakes of Southwest Minnesota.

Satureday wind was cranking at steady 25 mph South wind Late Saturday afternoon on Big Spirit Lake, IA. (just 50 yards South of Minnesota border).

Wow! There were six "Kite-foilers" playing in the water terrain (jumping with the foil), I was the only "Jethi Windsurfer on my Tabou 115 liter Rocket.

I was just a "hair" overpowered with 6.3 Ezzy Tiger sail. The Tabou just cruises as if on Autopilot through and over and down inward face of waves.

I barely do anything, it's on "Auto-pilot!" Sunday I sailed at Eagle Lake (just a few miles NE of Mankato. As I rigged my 6.3 sail again, a Golden Eagle

sailed near me just a few feet above the road. Then over the Lake (Eagle Lake) several Bald Eagles showed me the Wind Gusts were located. Sunday

was not as Consistant for wind, more gusty but still A LOT of fun! Some gusts must of been around 30 mph South- SE wind. I'm glad I did not rig anything bigger than a 6.3 sail. Here on Eagle nobody kiting,, but there were seven other Windsurfers!!!

I sailed my flater Fanatic Shark board.

ERic out.