How about a new sub-heading "Foiling"?

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Randy

How about a new sub-heading "Foiling"?

Post by Randy »

These windsports evolve so fast. Kiting and foiling weren't even around when Tighe first created this site. Now we've got kiting, windsurfing and winging, each with their application of the foil. No one better than the other. Just a different tool for different conditions and skills. Other social media groups seem pretty limited to a specific tool. Whether it was the division of ski vs snowboard, skateboard vs rollerblade, windsurfer vs kite, and now all the variety of foil application. I prefer the general heading "watersport/windsport/standing on a board sport". That's what I like about the LAKAWA site. It's more general, inclusive and synthesizing to the radical innovations that continually keep coming along. We could even add another category "Wing", the hand held wing revolution is happening.
so Mike, thanks so much for re-activating this site. If there's any other forum that's as inclusive as this, let me know. We grow and evolve through collaboration and synthesis.
Hoping everyone has a chance to get out tomorrow. Looking spectacular!
Ride...just be it!
www.just-be-it.com
Eric S

Re: How about a new sub-heading "Foiling"?

Post by Eric S »

Agree! Foils providing lift and glide for many varieties of rides:
Prone using gravity on wave
Wakeboat Waves
Kite
Windsurf
SUP
Electric

If it's wet and wattery, you can foil it :)

Glad to see this chat section back up, thanks MK and Randy!

Fun on the Foil Sept. 30th with Jerry Sandell

https://www.facebook.com/silverfoxviz/v ... 9547167117