63 degs on Sun for Polk City, IA, (IA lakes to sail soon!)

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Quetzalcoatl

63 degs on Sun for Polk City, IA, (IA lakes to sail soon!)

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Soon to be.....Ice free in Iowa!!! God I love Iowa! Big lakes, warm weather. (March 1st, this Sunday will be 63 degrees in Polk City). I'd wait just one more week though for sailing, just to be sure it's ice free!

My four favorite Iowegian lakes are: Spirit Lake, (just over the boarder from Jackson, MN), Clear Lake, (in Clear Lake),

Lake Rathbun (in the deep south of Iowa) for which I have NOT sailed yet (but it is called "the Great Sea of Iowa." and Lake Saylorville, Ankeny/Des Moines area which

"many a December" I get late and final "Sail" of the season. (this past Dec. was kinda early, Dec. 7th). Oh...there is also Red Rock Lake, (quite big) just SE of Des Moines.

OH and NOt to forget,,,,Big Creek Lake, (near Polk City, IA) which often is the first lake in Iowa to open up.

Windsurfing coming soon to a lake near you (in Iowa!!)

Quetzalcoatl out.