The Sea was ANGRY that day my friends................

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Quetzalcoatl

The Sea was ANGRY that day my friends................

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

"The Sea was angry that day my friends".....

This is just a nice opener, that I like to use to call out to readers (Windsport readers that is). It's my "mantra" or slogan or statement which means Quetzalcoatl has something to say.

I didn't go to the open waters of lake Michigan, but I did drive to the much closer Mississippi River and found that the widening part (about 1.5 miles wide) of the river downstream from La Crosse

was mostly frozen (with some open water areas) and found a very nice access point at the municipal ramp and grassy park at Stodarrd, Wi.

Farther downstream there was all open water below the Genoa lock and dam with about 7 motor boats out on the water fishing. (This area is fairly narrow on the river). At the ramp site..there was a pretty strong "mean" current with

some ice chunks floating by quickily. The motor boats (some duck boats) hit the ice chunks (klunk, klunk) oacasionally as they motored back to the ramp.

Oh well, that was my road trip for Sunday. Again, Stodarrd WI might be a nice early Spring place for Windsport activities. I think it goes "ice-free" earlier even than Lake Pepin. It's good for South
or North wind because THERE, the river Rreally DOES flow from North to South,,,not the NW to SE flow like on Lake Pepin part of the Mississippi.

HAPPY NEW YEAR, Feliz Ano Nuevo!! (my keyboard has no "tilde" symbol for proper Spanish, and yes the "N" in Ano sould have a wavy line above the n.

Quetzalcoatl (the feathered Serpeant) and the God of Wind and Wisdom out.