60degs today in Sheybogan, WI, open H20 on Lake Mich fr sure

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Quetzalcoatl

60degs today in Sheybogan, WI, open H20 on Lake Mich fr sure

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Wow! Maybe it's time for a Road trip to Lake Michigan! Windsurfing IS for all year (when you can get it!).

Supposedly (this Sunday, Dec. 29th) the wind will be blowing from S-SE at 19 mph (15 to 25 at times) in Sheboygan, WI. Air temp. will be 50!! Waves might be bigger than I want to deal with when doing Winter Windsurfing. Maybe I'll see and maybe I won't.

From Roch, it's only a four hour drive (if roads are good). With Temps. way above freezing, roads should be good. (Certainly gonna be packed on the Freeways with holiday travel)

I'll travel the back roads...(that's why my surfmobile is called "Outback" for the Outback roads.

Safe Journeys to all and happy sailing whether on hard water or soft water.

Quetzalcoatl out and I approved this message!

WINDSURFING ON THE rISE!! I am a firm believer of "THE Endless Summer."
Quetzalcoatl

Re: 60degs today in Sheybogan, WI, open H20 on Lake Mich fr

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

OOPS! Forecast updated and it looks like that 19 mph wind (in heavy rain) and it will only be in early morning till 8:00am and then wind will be weakening as day goes on.

SO, not going there! Maybe some open spot on the Mississippi downstream from La Crosse,,where it will be cloudy, no longer raining and a balmy 51 air temp! and 12 mph south wind.

Real sweet on a Formula board and the 10.8 meter sail!

Quetzalcoatl out.