safe ice in metro?

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Chummers

safe ice in metro?

Post by Chummers »

I don't trust Calhoun ice yet since the middle was open water as recently as Monday. Does anyone know if Nokomis ice is safe? Or any other metro area ice? Would love to get out Saturday for the first time this winter season! any info greatly appreciated!
Iceman

Re: safe ice in metro?

Post by Iceman »

I was on Wayzata bay today I found 5 to 8 inches of ice and a couple of places there was some slush but over all it look ok... ok here it is remember the ice is never safe all ways protect your self and carry ice picks or something to save yourself. Be safe and have fun. I did not go outside of Wayzata bay. The ice is never safe. Lol
Chummers

Re: safe ice in metro?

Post by Chummers »

Thanks very much! i was also informed recently of the "kiters" FB group which has good info on conditions.

And thanks for the PSA! I should know, I went through the ice on Medicine about this time last year!