Quetzalcoatl Rides...

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Pete

Quetzalcoatl Rides...

Post by Pete »

Windy on Pepin today. 6.3 /120ltr Explosion...waaaay too much. Next, 5.6/102ltr JP FSW...perfect. Boom goes snap and swimming begins *¿* 100 yards down/crosswind. Flew Boom-less rig most of the way and that’s what got me across the wind. A few minutes before hitting shore I see the Master, Ol’Quetzalcoatl himself indulging in a little cold weather sailboarding. Dipping into the water and then ripping on his 5.2 Panther, eventually upping his game...’cheating if you ask me!’...by pulling the ‘fabled’ Fanatic Shark from the depths of his Outback. I’m back on the 6.3 & Explosion now and eventually the texture settles. I call it good and schlog back to shore. Someone else has chosen the southern arena to ride in and is now working his way up wind before it completely shuts down. Out of the north I see it coming, Big effing squall! Again, more cheating!!! I’m derigging and the sumbitch has gone and summonsed this Nuclear blast in his favor! I figure he is cold and coming in but noooo, he rubs it in long and hard, long enough for me to drag out the lens and capture his essence. Bravo for hanging on to that rig when the shit hit the fan! Good times today Eric!

Quetzalcoatl

Re: Quetzalcoatl Rides...

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Pete: Great Photos (excellent Zoom lens work) and fantastic story about the DAY! (Choice, Succinct, selection of words!)
Great description on your "Swim in" with gear!

Thank you! I'm grinning with my tooth showing!!

Quetzalcoatl