I can't believe I just spent 300 bucks on a stick!!!

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Quetzalcoatl

I can't believe I just spent 300 bucks on a stick!!!

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Well, because I got the head of my 460 mast stuck in the head cap of my brand new A+ 7.0 Ezzy Cheetah,

I'm going skinny!! Yeah,,, I just bought a No Limits Reduced diameter mast and I'm looking forward to no more problems like what I had

One October Sunday night when my mast would not twist out of the sleeve of my Cheetah 7.0. (I'm afraid that with all the twisting and pulling on the mast that I may have

turned my (A+) 7.0 Ezzy Cheetah into a B+ sail). It was in the dark, so I don't know yet of condition of the sail. I have NEVER EVER had a mast get stuck in the head cap of a sail!

As I twisted the mast out,,,the bottom half of mast twisted out (even with the duct tape that I always use to keep out sand from connection section). But the upper half would not

come out of sleeve. Mmmmm....in the dark....I had to think...and I decided to tie downhaul line (a ten ft. piece of downhaul string, the blue stuff "strong stuff") to the sail's head. I (just due to luck)

had already unattached the cap strap from the sail. Then,,,with that 10 ft. piece of downhaul string I tied to the head of the sail and to a tree. I then pulled and twisted on the mast and bam!, the mast slipped out of the sail. Now the cap was stuck on the head of the mast. I now had a "capless" sail.. Well, at least I could roll up the sail like normal and put the two segments of that "Dumb mast" in my car.

I did have some geat rides that day with the 7.0 meter Ezzy sail and then I got to use my brain to resolve a problem in the dark.

Windsurfing on the Rise!

Quetzalcoatl out.