Oct. 1st. is next week! Let Windy season begin!!!

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Quetzalcoatl

Oct. 1st. is next week! Let Windy season begin!!!

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Are YOU ready for some wind action? It's coming soon!! (finally).

get your wetsuits, drysuits ready! Glacier gloves, mitts and hoods and booties too.

First part of Oct. ya should be OK with 4/3 (maybe a 3/2). Often the water temp. will be warmer than air temp.

Be ready at anytime to don the Dry suit. If you don't have one, get one! You don't need to spend nine hundred dollars for a new one.

Often (used) Bare Polar drysuits are up for sale on Lakawa on Craig's list or other places. Usually they go for one hundred bucks and in good condition.

Of course, be sure the neck gasket and wrist and ankle gaskets are in good condition. Don't buy them in the dark. (I did). I bought a used one from a guy and in the light of the dome light of

his car this Bare Polar dry suit looked brand new. But,,,,When I sailed with it, water just poured in through the wrist gaskets. (they need to be tight). I've bought other used Bare Dry suits for 100 bucks and they work great!

Bare Dry suits are no longer made. It's over for "new" Bare Dry suits. So,,,if you want new....then O'Brien, or O'neil (one of the O' names) makes dry suits and Local wind shops sell them.
they sell new for around 400 bucks.

A dry suit will keep you warm and ALIVE when your sailing the "Best" Winds of November, and sometimes December.
]
This is Quetzalcoatl and I approved this message.
Last edited by Quetzalcoatl on Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill S.

Re: Oct. 1st. is next week! Let Windy season begin!!!

Post by Bill S. »

Dude, where were you on Saturday at Cannon? The parking lot filled up with familiar faces (including Randy J.) like the old days! Powered-up 5.5-6.5 sailing all afternoon, in shorties...!
Quetzalcoatl

Re: Oct. 1st. is next week! Let Windy season begin!!!

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

I was asleep at the wheel. I messed up Major!
I am glad though that you and a good sized posse got some!

Windsurfing on the Rise!

Eric F.