Don't put that board away, the best wind is on the way!

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Quetzalcoatl

Don't put that board away, the best wind is on the way!

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

It's strange to me, when I hear folks say, "Oh, I put my wind gear away for the year because Summer is over.

Hey, "Wait!" the best windsurfing conditions are in the Fall and Spring. That's when the wind blows! And actually Fall may be even stronger for wind than Spring
and the water is warmer then water in the Spring. In the Spring the water is still having to warm up from a long icy winter.
In the Fall the water is holding some of the Summer heat.

That's why it's strange to me when sailors don't consider this and just put wind gear away for the Fall. Unfortunately, even out in the Gorge,, Windance Boardshop considers the

windsurf season over after Labor Day. They DO stay open, just selling gear. They will sell wind gear ALL year. You can go visit them in the shop too. But,,,,they won't rent out

gear after Labor Day. (That's what Dave Nunn, 0wner of Windance told me). So,, bring your own gear if you want to windsurf after Labor Day. out at the Gorge, Oregon.

THE BEST HAS not Begun yet!

I Quetzalcoatl predict, That starting Oct.1st and going until December 1st...we are going to have GREAT windsporting conditions! That will be TWO of the best months ever! We will have some surprise wind days in September.

But, officially it's still Summer until Sept. 20 or 21st. Hey, It's going to be int low 80's tomorrow Tuesday. Shall I wear a Shorty?

The Legend out.