Quetzalcoatl Speaks on best way to dry sails and save Time..

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl Speaks on best way to dry sails and save Time..

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Say: Windsurfing sails don't need to be hung out to dry! It's a waste of time and effort. You might damage the sails too that way.

Dave Ezzy (the designer and manufacterer of perhaps the BEST winsurfing sails in the world) says, just roll the sail up and stand it vertical in it's bag (the rolled soft mast luff end should be in contact wth

the floor) not the leach. Yeah the plastic soft (easily damaged leech end should be up in the air). Laundary softner annoys rodents so they won't chew on the sails. I've never had a mouse incident yet..... My sails are free of rodent bites.

What I do is....I have a 2 by 4 board on the floor and I put a page of softener (scented softener on the board and then the sale on top of the laundery soften paper). I have most of my sails

lined up against the wall in the garage this way. Oh..so they don't flop over I have a quarter inch rope running across the mid section (horizontally) against all of them. The rope runs through a

swimming noodle (costs one dollar each at the dollar store) so that the rope doesn't cut into the sail. This is SO Cool!

In the past I used to drape my sail over my parent's ping pong table to dry. A week later come back to roll it up... That was a waste of time. If you have any doubts about this...you ought to see

what "Fantastic" condition my sails are in! A couple weeks ago a sailing buddy asked me, (as I was rigging my 7.5 Ezzy Feeride),,"Did you get a new sail?" I said, no...I've been using this sail quite frequently over the last four years."