The Sea was angry that day my friend and I forgot my harness

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Quetzalcoatl

The Sea was angry that day my friend and I forgot my harness

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Yes...the Sea of Northern Iowa (Clear Lake) was Wild and Frothy that Sunday afternoon my friends.

Pete, Gregg and Eric D. (all of Rochester) were already out shreading and skipping over Sea like waves.

I (when finally ready) reached into my car and no harness nor lifevest! Well, I'd be willing to sail without the lifevest but

I need the harness so that I could sail for a long sesh. But..I dug down into the the lower depths of my Outback and found YES an Extra Large Dakine seat harness

and Kayak vest. Perfect combo! Being that the seat harness was extra large, I cinched it tight to the max. and it still would drop to my knees as I walked across the grassy park to the water.

But when sailing, No problem with the vest! Hooked in, and the harness worked just as good as my normal sized harness.

I sailed past sunset (again) in overpowered conditions on my Ezzy Panther 6.3 an Bic Techno 273 board. Pure Bliss!

Moral of story: Keep extra gear in your car. I know one time Randy J. (the founder of "The House") was up on Lake Superior (Tot Lot) when he discovered he left his harness at home.

This dilemma did not happen to me! Sometimes it pays off to be a hoarder of the appropriate stuff like Windsurf stuff.

Eric (Quetzalcoatl out).