Windsurfers NEED to have a Summer Formula board in quiver

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Quetzalcoatl

Windsurfers NEED to have a Summer Formula board in quiver

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Hello fellow windsurfers: This is Quetzalcoatl here to provide some "sage" advice.

Summer is long....and often provides "light" air...which at least is better than "light beer!"

With Light air...you can still Hydroplane (go fast) on a formula board (wide board..at least 88 to 100cm in width).

It makes ALL the difference in the world. Oh,,,you DO need a big sail..also.at least 8.5 and bigger the better!

Face it: we don't live in Denmark on the North Sea with constant wind. We live in the Midwest with the wind constantly changing and

often Summer is slow for wind. But if it's blowing 8 mph, I can plane on my formula board!

If you don't have one, you are just not going to plane unless it's blowin 20 mph. Look around, on Lakawa or Craig List or just ask,,,or ask me,,(507-951-4820).

Get yourself one,,,,you'll be Glad you did! If it's blowing just 0 to 5 mph...then it's "Teach Newbie time!"

Whatever the wind speed is: it's always good!

This is Quetzalcoatl..and I approved this message. "Windsurfing on the Rise."