March 1st will be MY midwest Wndsrf opener(will I be ready?)

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Quetzalcoatl

March 1st will be MY midwest Wndsrf opener(will I be ready?)

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

It looks like Winter has finally settled in now (for a few weeks). With these fairly cold (but not extreme) temps
the ice will thicken up (if there's no snow on top acting like a warming blanket) and the ice folks will have some more 'ice time."
Since the ice is not very thick and it's not likely to get too much thicker,,,then the lakes in Southern Minnesota and Iowa will
open up for some Mid March sailing. That's happened before about every other year approximately.

Once January is over, then March will be just one month away! Wow, I hope I'm ready! I gotta get some new straps on boards, check out my booms and
make sure they've all got good healthy string and harness lines which must be all good. Get all my fins in a row (and their appropriate screws).
Wow, I gotta a lot to do to get ready for the 2019 WINDSURFING SEASON!!

Quetzalcoatl out.