Quetzalcoatl speaks on "Climate Change" (my Prognosis)

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl speaks on "Climate Change" (my Prognosis)

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Sailors, windsurfers, kiteboarders and hydrofoilers:

Lend me your "eyes!" As God of Wind and Wisdom (Aztec God Quetzalcoatl) I have some thoughts

on the future of wind speeds for the coming years. As we have seen this Reduction of wind speeds (or the lesser frequency of windy days)

I believe this, to be a pattern that shall eventually lead to even "stiller" days...( The Weather Channel actually uses this term as the Climatic Phenonemon called "Stilling") meaning

weaker wind as the decades go by. I think in the future we will eventually reduce our definition of a Windy day to meaning 10 to 15 mph, and a mild day of 5 to 10 mph.

Eventually we'll get to almost 0 mph for most of summer days. But, "Wait!" This is just the calm before the storm! After some time (weeks,months or years?) of NO wind, the winds

will pick up and get to the point of gale or Huricane level speeds of wind for all the time! This means Nuking wind every day! The Great Red Spot of Jupiter is actually a HUGE Huricane , descoverd by Gallileo about 400 yrs ago..and it still is an active Huricane! Unfortuntely the "Great Red Spot" of Jupiter is now (recently, in the last seven years) shrinking in size. It's really no longer so great.
It should now be called the "Great Medium Spot of Jupiter." So, weather changes.

Imagine if we had a big Huricane that continued for several hundred years! Well, lot's sailing on small, mini gear!

So, for now have your Huge Jumbo sails or Jumbo kites ready to use.

But in the future be ready to use small gear like 3.5 or smaller sails and 1 meter kites.

Stick around,,the hurricane style wind is coming! ( I just can't say when,,,,"That's an Ancient Aztec secret!)"

That's enough for now,

Quetzalcoatl/Kulkukan out.
Quetzalcoatl

Re: Quetzalcoatl speaks on "Climate Change" (my Prognosis)

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Kulkulkan is the Mayan God of Wind and Wisdom. (for the Aztecs the same god is Quetzalcoatl).

And we windsurfers/kiteboarders and wing foilers and windsurf foilers and kite foilers, this is important to keep in mine as we wait for Hurricane
conditions for sailing. The word Hurricane is a Mayan word which means: Huge biggest of Snakes!! Hurri (may mean big and "Can" means snake or reptile). For your information, "Cancun" in Mayan means nest of snakes. But please don't tell that to the tourists! I don't want to hurt the Mexican tourist industry.

Viva Windsports and may we soon get some hurricane level wind!

Quetzalcoatl out.