Metro area ice reports

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Chummers

Metro area ice reports

Post by Chummers »

Any updates on metro area ice? I'd love to get out there this coming weekend but don't want to go through the ice again!
Quetzalcoatl

Re: Metro area ice reports

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

It's better to wait until after New Years Day. It WILL be safe then,,,provided that we have a couple weeks of "deep steady freeze."

While your waiting for thicker ice....you ought to inspect your Carbon Windsurf Boards to see if they have an O-ring rubber gasket on the

Vent Plug (vent screw). Dave Nune of Windance says, "This is critical in order to avoid water getting inside." The Plug screw alone is NOT enough to keep water from

seeping in.

Smooth Rider out. (Aka: Quetzalcoatl).
Eric S

Post by Eric S »

Having some fun on Pulaski yesterday (Near Buffalo, MN) with Jerry Sandell on Freeskate. There's a good size duck hole a few hundred meters out straight N from the public access on the SW corner. All my samples were 6-7 inches black ice.

Link to Video: http://downhaul.com/kites/181220pulaski ... 18-web.mp4

Wimpy

Post by Wimpy »

Jerry and Eric, looking good out there!

Kirk D.
Eric S

Post by Eric S »

Hey Kirk! I talked to Jerry the other day snowboarding and it sounds like you might be getting some more riding time in. Looking forward to seeing you out there!

-eric
Wimpy

Post by Wimpy »

I found some old pics of us landsurfing in parking lots about a zillion years ago - good times.

Get my cell phone number from Jerry and text me so I have your contact info.

Kirk
Eric S

Post by Eric S »

Sounds good Kirk! I have many of those old sessions captured ha!!

Blaine, a million years ago haha!