Where to get board pads?? Who sells it now? any shops?

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Quetzalcoatl

Where to get board pads?? Who sells it now? any shops?

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Say sailors:

I have some "newer" beginner windsurf boards. They are big and boyant.

I'm talking about the bic Techno 240-D with dagger board.

But the surface is super rough Like on new boards they come with sandpaper like consistency under the paint on the deck.

Seems like all new boards do this,,the sandpaper effect so that you have better grip with feet.

But,,,a newbie tends to fall a lot and then climbs back on board tearing up (her or his hands). I had a lady friend climbing back (about 20 times) on a bic Formula board (a new one) and she had blood coming off her hands from the constant rub on the board when pulling herself up onto the board. I don't want this to happen to other newbies.

I once tried sandpapering the rough granular topsides of the boards, but it just makes an ugly mess of the original paint job and

it doesn't really get the roughness off. So where can I buy board padding? Instead of sandpapering the rough surface, I want to put pads on both sides of boards.

I don't see that the House nor Windance sell board padding any more? At least I couldn't find it on their web pages.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Eric (Quetzalcoatl).
Pete

Re: Where to get board pads?? Who sells it now? any shops?

Post by Pete »

https://northshoreinc.com/store/pc/view ... tegory=139

Eric, I have some at my house. You can check it out to see if it is what you want. It can either be self stick or glue on. They sell it in different thicknesses. Not sure how well the self stick holds but the glue on is bomb proof if applied properly. Your best bet would be to purchase it in bulk and cut it to suit your needs. Calling them directly as opposed to ordering online is best. Come by and check out what I have.

Pete
Quetzalcoatl

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Thank Pete for the tip!

That's a good web page on the Pads and traction.

I think I need deck traction,,,not pads.

Thanks again.
Eric.
Pete

Post by Pete »

"So where can I buy board padding? Instead of sandpapering the rough surface, I want to put pads on both sides of boards."

Look again. They sell Traction padding in different thicknesses. One in the same Eric. Call them.....