The Lakes in the Mankato area always give me planning rides!

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Quetzalcoatl

The Lakes in the Mankato area always give me planning rides!

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

I (Eric Quetzalcoatl) have never just schlogged on the lakes outside Mankato.

Every time I sail on Lake Madison or Eagle Lake I have been planning. I sailed lake Madison ten times last year and every time

I was planning, NEVER schlogging. This year I sailed Lake Madison (just once this yr.) and Eagle Lake and it was just planning all afternoon!

Granted, I had to use a big sail (8.5 or 7.5), but that's what ya gotta to do sometimes!

If you are waiting for big winds and you're biggest sail is a six meter,,,,well you may be waiting for a long time!

Don't look down on Big gear, Embrace it and Enjoy fast sailing with it!

Again,,,,I have never been "just" sailing (schlogging) on the lakes around Mankato. I guess you could call it, "Mankato Magic."

This is the "Panther Man" (akn: Quetzalcoatl) and I approved this message.

Windsurfing on the rise,,,so what if the board shops are all "turning into clothing stores", "We are Windsurfers and Kiteboarders and Hydrofoilers" and we will prevail!

Hasta La Victoria Bolivar!