Here's a "sweet" little story, not much wind but sweet!!!!

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Quetzalcoatl

Here's a "sweet" little story, not much wind but sweet!!!!

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Late Saturday afternoon...(Lake City, MN) at Rochen Park, I was rigging my 10.8 meter Loft sail and Bic Techno Formula board. (I was just hoping that 10 mph wind would just hold).

A pleasant and lovely lady was looking for something in the grass, in lot..looking almost under my car....then back to the grass. I was

all ready to sail but...I asked her,,"Did you lose something like a key or something?" She replied, "yes, the house key, (it's my husband's) and it's his only one."

I decided I could afford some sail time by helping. I moved my windsurf board,,,Moved my Jumbo sail out of the way. As she stayed on the grass looking I went back to the

paved area where she was looking next to my car and there!..beaming in the sunlight was a key! I yelled from a far.."I found it!" I felt so smart and chivalrous! she came running

towards me and said,,"Oh, you are a God-send!" and then she hugged me! In my own mind I said I know! and I also thought Maybe this will cause the wind to increase for my good deed.

I told her that in this way, I was able to do my "good deed" for the day!

Well, I got on the water and it was a slchlogg fest. No planning at all. wind was down to around 5 mph at best.

Oh well, I didn't get to plane but I did earn a Hug!

"Tis the life of one windsurfer.

Eric (Quetzalcoatl) out.