4th of July winsurf/Kitesurf (no Stormriding)..

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Quetzalcoatl

4th of July winsurf/Kitesurf (no Stormriding)..

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

That' be a "new" name for our sport...."Storm-riding." Riders of the Storm...

No...not really,,,'tiss better to sail before the storm or after the storm, not during the storm.

Keep your eyes out! Seems like the the weather forecasters get "it" wrong most of the time now (too many gadgets and they have their eyes on their smart/dumb phones). They need to just look up at the sky!

Don't avoid going to the Lake, just because there's "Thunderstorms" in the forecast. Just go. If you start to sail,,and you see

a Cumulous Nimbus cloud coming...well yes, get off the water. But if there's no iightning (even if it's cloudy) go ahead and sail.

There Is wind on July 4th, (Wens.). Fairmont, MN has a SW-S wind of 17 mph. I'll be on Lake Pepin, sailing my Loft 10.8 sail and Bic Formula board and
in 11 mph wind and I'll be doing circles around those big fancy sailboats!

Have a good 4th.

Aloha and Ciao.

Oh...and Quetzalcoatl and windsurfing (kiteboarding too) on the Rise!!