Anybody know if Worldwinds Winsurf survived or not Harvey?

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Quetzalcoatl

Anybody know if Worldwinds Winsurf survived or not Harvey?

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Anybody get word on whether Worldwinds made in through the Hurican?
I can't can't get any info. from internet and the their web page just says: open today till 6:00 pm. I think that's some
kind of error. Even Sat. they claimed to be open. I think their web page was stuck on that date.

I'm guessing the buildings would likely disappear just from the water rising. I'm also guessing that the paved road down to the
windsurfing area of Worldwinds must of been eroded away from wave surge action.

Please,,I hope someone can give some accurate insight on this and prove that my "guesses" are Wrong!
Schmidty721

Re: Anybody know if Worldwinds Winsurf survived or not Harve

Post by Schmidty721 »

Worldwinds posted on their Facebook page today that the everyone is safe and that the shop only sustained minor exterior damage. No flooding or interior damage and plan to reopen Thursday, August 31st.
Quetzalcoatl

Re: Anybody know if Worldwinds Winsurf survived or not Harve

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Thanks Mat: That's great news! Not going open until Thursday? Or well, that's really pretty good.

South Padre Island, only experienced tropical storm stuff.

Windsurfing on The Rise (kiteboarding too!).